ok so im on the last few parts of my forged build,

My engines all timed up and i put the crank pulley on and it points to the number 10 on the timing belt cover ?

for some reason i think it should be at zero as this shows top dead centre or am i getting confused ?

any help here guys .......

http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/russyb/media/2013-06-04232238_zpsc8a0c0b5.jpg.html'>2013-06-04232238_zpsc8a0c0b5.jpg

Hi Russ, you shouldnt be using the marks on the crank pulley for reference, it can give inaccurate results as to your timing. As long as you have lined up the notch on the oil pump pullley to the mark on the oil pump its self, then marked up the 4e hole so you can see the centre position dot on the right cam gear, and then lined up the two dots on both cam gears on the back, put the belt on, rotated the crank pulley twice and rechekced the markings (then tighten the tensioner) you will be fine.

I never checked the crank pulley position on mine, manual says to use the other markings for setting up timing.

:)

Edited by Taggy

yeah i dont blame you :) just remember once you have fitted the engine and have it running, to set the timing up with a timing light to set it to +10 degrees, i.e the flashing light should make the mark show up at the 10 degree position when you retard or advance timing with the alternator loose.

Are you running 4e or 5e?