Ello fellow UKSCsters

Righty ho, lets start. My brakes have been changed for a few good months now, had front brake disc's and pads changed, all brake hoses changed front and rear, fluid replaced too... right, all working jolly fine.

My friend and I were coming back from a Jap meet a few months ago, he drove an EP3 civic, for some strange reason, mine and his car, decided it didn't want to brake coming towards a roundabout.... like if u stepped on the pedal it kinda locked up when i haven't even pushed it hard enough for ABS or something to come on. But for some strange reason he kinda had the same problem too, but he has upgraded 8pot brakes.

Experienced it only a few minor times, anyone know why it does this or anyone experienced this before?? dangerous.

off the top of my head it sounds like you have air in the system but dont quote me on that.

you say you had the brake lines replaced. why? was it for uprated braded items?

where the brakes bled properly when you had the discs and pads changed?

Brake lines were changed because the old ones were poo Geo :)

Brakes were bled properly i'd imagined as they work fine, but only a few minor times they seem to want to stop working, but very few occassions, what was weird was that my mate cars and mine had the same problem at the same place and time, think Jay might be right about the diesal on the road, but i have never heard of that before. What actually causes that??

Brake lines were changed because the old ones were poo Geo :D

Brakes were bled properly i'd imagined as they work fine, but only a few minor times they seem to want to stop working, but very few occassions, what was weird was that my mate cars and mine had the same problem at the same place and time, think Jay might be right about the diesal on the road, but i have never heard of that before. What actually causes that??

Id agree, what would the chances be of both youre cars brakes playing up on the same part of the road.

It will more than likely be oil or diesel on the surface, probably from a scumass lorry :)

Just get somebody to check youre brakes over for good measure.

The same thing will happen on a damp cattle grid shelly,it's just oil/diesel on the road as said above.The tyres lose contact with the road so take less pressure on the pedal to make it lock up. Stop panicking and get driving! :)

but can someone explain why this happens if there is oil or diesel on the road? its very odd :S

Diesel = slippery

oil = slippery,

You probably braked on the oily patch hence the wheels locked up.

If its oil on the road, you wouldnt have to apply the brakes hard at all for them to lock up and send you sliding as if you was on ice.

Only did it on that stretch of road right?

Ello fellow UKSCsters

Righty ho, lets start. My brakes have been changed for a few good months now, had front brake disc's and pads changed, all brake hoses changed front and rear, fluid replaced too... right, all working jolly fine.

My friend and I were coming back from a Jap meet a few months ago, he drove an EP3 civic, for some strange reason, mine and his car, decided it didn't want to brake coming towards a roundabout.... like if u stepped on the pedal it kinda locked up when i haven't even pushed it hard enough for ABS or something to come on. But for some strange reason he kinda had the same problem too, but he has upgraded 8pot brakes.

Experienced it only a few minor times, anyone know why it does this or anyone experienced this before?? dangerous.

it sounds like you went over a wet patch or the road was slippy from a fuel spillage or loose debris