help find my issue

right my V seems to be down on power. its a strange one as i cant pin point what the issue is and i dont know what things to check. the car was running a treat before the issues and was pulling very strongly.

*car is boosing what it should 0.8 bar with hks actuator

*there is no smoke what so ever coming from breathers or exhaust

*the engine seems to be running smoothly. no stange noises or rattles.

issues ive noticed.... little bit of oil around pcv (which i have now changed) and the breather whistling when i take it off.

it kinda feels like the engine is producing all the power it should and the revs are going up pretty quick and sounds very revvy( if that makes sense)..........but it feels like this power isnt going to the wheels and the car is pulling alot less than it used too. dont get me wrong it still feels quick but its not as quick as it was.

im thinking it may be drivetrain related, clutch or flywheel. but........

*theres no problem pulling off

*no problem gettting in gears

*no weird noises from there

it just feels like all the engines effort is not getting put on the road.

i just need a few suggestions on thinks to check. suggestions as to what components may need replacing that could be causing my problem.

if clutch mastor/ slave cylinders where gone how could i check and would these cause clutch slip if they was knackered?

this problem has seemed to come on kinda over night. was fine one day, next day the revs seemed to be flying up too fast and now the car is behaving as ive explained.

im getting really wound up with this as i dont know what to do. do i get a new uprated clutch, and change all other clutch related components, which may solve it. but on the other hand i will be spending hundreds of pound on something that may not even be the issue.

sorry for the essay. any suggestion of my next step. also would a vid help of the speed the revs are flying up in comparrison to speed?

Could feel very revvy as its slipping the clutch.

Engine will sound fine, boost fine, etc but you wont get the power to the black stuff, if the clutch is slipping dude.

Standard clutch? if its on its way out, it would still select gears fine, but slip slightly when revving.

See if it gets any worse, take notice of when it comes on boost, if youre not really feeling it come on boost, probably clutch dying.

yeah before when i came on boost it was awsome pull. but now its a none event. i was even struggling to stay with my bro today in his 1.3 civic. feels like hardly any powers being put down but like i say its at full boost so i know its not turbo. its worrying me to the point im getting paranoid about the possibility of piston rings being fucked. im hoping its clutch cuz that sorted easy (expensivly ;) )

it could be the ignition system, they are temprimental on eps, ive had a nightmare with both turbo eps ive had

check the plugs, especialy for signs of water rust marks around the seal then plugs also

well ive done the tests streetracer and the car is fine from low revs but as soon as the turbo spools up thats when the problem starts to occur. thats why im concerned.

gonna check my plugs later on.

hmmm not really that extreme. its like at the exact time the turbo starts to spool to full boost the revs fly up with out really any pull and the engine seems likes its screaming. its pissing me right off. theres no other clutch issues on pull off or getting in gear its not riding on gear change.

the revs are raising but the speed doesnt seem to reflect all the work the engies putting in. the speeds still raiseing just not quick.

my turbo has always spooled loudly, so i dont know if the noise of that is masking the sound of the clutch slipping.

well ive just u2ud toby to order an orc309 with lightened flywheel. might as well go all out and get this anyway, if it doesnt solve the issue il just keep chucking money at it. lol.

was gonna check my plugs today but couldnt find the correct socket. gonna just get some new plugs too for the sake of it.

its crap having a powerful car that isnt doing its job correctly so i dont mind spending the money on it. the orc will be well more than i need but at least when i decide to go big on power i wont have to change again. and with the fly i should so nice gains in throttle response and accelaration. plus ive heard its an awsome bit of kit.

well ive just u2ud toby to order an orc309 with lightened flywheel. might as well go all out and get this anyway, if it doesnt solve the issue il just keep chucking money at it. lol.

was gonna check my plugs today but couldnt find the correct socket. gonna just get some new plugs too for the sake of it.

its crap having a powerful car that isnt doing its job correctly so i dont mind spending the money on it. the orc will be well more than i need but at least when i decide to go big on power i wont have to change again. and with the fly i should so nice gains in throttle response and accelaration. plus ive heard its an awsome bit of kit.

The revs keep going when the turbos boosting, because the clutch cant grip dude.

Hence why its not pulling any harder.

Im getting an orc clutch &fly combo.Let me know youre thoughts on it when you have it fitted mate

well im waiting on toby to send me my invoice and delivery will be around a week i think. then i gotta beg my cousin to fit it for me! so hopefully i can give you a review soonish mate, just hope it solves the problem.

well im waiting on toby to send me my invoice and delivery will be around a week i think. then i gotta beg my cousin to fit it for me! so hopefully i can give you a review soonish mate, just hope it solves the problem.

It should well do, It sounds purely down to the clutch not gripping.Mine is exactly the same after i wrote off an exedy 35% clutch and put my original back in ;)

right my V seems to be down on power. its a strange one as i cant pin point what the issue is and i dont know what things to check. the car was running a treat before the issues and was pulling very strongly.

*car is boosing what it should 0.8 bar with hks actuator

*there is no smoke what so ever coming from breathers or exhaust

*the engine seems to be running smoothly. no stange noises or rattles.

issues ive noticed.... little bit of oil around pcv (which i have now changed) and the breather whistling when i take it off.

it kinda feels like the engine is producing all the power it should and the revs are going up pretty quick and sounds very revvy( if that makes sense)..........but it feels like this power isnt going to the wheels and the car is pulling alot less than it used too. dont get me wrong it still feels quick but its not as quick as it was.

im thinking it may be drivetrain related, clutch or flywheel. but........

*theres no problem pulling off

*no problem gettting in gears

*no weird noises from there

it just feels like all the engines effort is not getting put on the road.

i just need a few suggestions on thinks to check. suggestions as to what components may need replacing that could be causing my problem.

if clutch mastor/ slave cylinders where gone how could i check and would these cause clutch slip if they was knackered?

this problem has seemed to come on kinda over night. was fine one day, next day the revs seemed to be flying up too fast and now the car is behaving as ive explained.

im getting really wound up with this as i dont know what to do. do i get a new uprated clutch, and change all other clutch related components, which may solve it. but on the other hand i will be spending hundreds of pound on something that may not even be the issue.

sorry for the essay. any suggestion of my next step. also would a vid help of the speed the revs are flying up in comparrison to speed?

it sound like the clutch has seen better days! one test you could do to check if your clutch is slipping is to have the car at its running temp (because they slip more when hot) then apply the hand brake, place in 5th gear and then try to pull away! If revs go up and you dont move then your clutch needs changing a.s.a.p before it goes on you and then u'll have no drive! your car should stall straight away if your clutch is any good!