Help wanted TYRE geeks

Right guys after tyres for my new wheels, needing a good tyre up front as its over 400bhp when it gets back from Ricky and then need a lot of stretch on the rear to help with arch clearence.

Wheels are 15*8*et0

Was thinking 175/50/15 for the rear but can't find a good tyre, any suggestions ?

And 195/45/15 up front as I need the grip and I have livesports wings, ran toyo proxes4 and I liked them but other suggestions Welcome

Aaron

Your never going to put down 400bhp through the front wheels unless you run something ridiculous like a 265 tyre which just increases the mass and drag.

What are you looking to achieve? Grip by 2nd gear? grip by 3rd gear? A lot of it can be dialed in through a good ecu to limit torque in each gear or at set rpm points.

Personal opinion would be to run a 7 inch wide rim and a 205 tyre, I'm not sure but I doubt you may be able to run anything wider than a 195 on the front with 8j width but it could be worth trying.

Another thing to consider is how long do you want the tyres to last? You could run R888's to help put power down, but using them on the road you'll probably be lucky to see 3000 miles out of a soft compound.

I'd probably be looking at something like Federal 595's, R1R, AD08, A048 (If you can justify the price), Dunlop DZ03G.

like adamB said , ive just spent out on ad08's think they were 146 for 2 (195 50 15) awesome grip once there warm barely get any slip in 2nd on my forged ep82 (270.1bhp) but its cost at the end of the day and these dont look like there hanging around for long the tred is going down :( maybe go for a 7j wheel but with semi slicks so you can run a 50 profile as i dont think they do any semi slick in anything smaller then a 50 profile

These are show/road wheels only gents, no high speed cornering ect.... I dont drive like a loon just usually potter around with. My mate's in there rs's, st's ect...

I'm likeing the ad08s at 195/50/15 for the front

I need a nice one for the rear now

These are show/road wheels only gents, no high speed cornering ect.... I dont drive like a loon just usually potter around with. My mate's in there rs's, st's ect...

I'm likeing the ad08s at 195/50/15 for the front

I need a nice one for the rear now

Ah fair enough should have said :p

Check out Kumho Ecsta's mate :thumbsup:

ive never used them :/ ive used proxes but i think there shocking in the wet too

Trust me bud there a lot better than SPEC. 2's haha !

Ah fair enough should have said :p Check out Kumho Ecsta's mate :thumbsup:

Ye sorry my bad, il check them out thanks mate