Glanza gearbox needed

After giving the V to a mechanic to replace my driveshafts, he has told me that it's actually the diff bearing in the gearbox that is causing the horrible amount of noise. So I'm after a gearbox for a 98 spec V with an LSD.

On a side note he has quoted me around £800 to get the bearing replaced, is this a good price? Might see about getting it rebuilt if theres not going to be too much difference in price to buying a new gearbox

Not sure on the lsd boxes but if you were on it you could drop a box in an hour. crack it open in another (use taggys guide) get the diff out and replace the bearing in another (around £100 i think) then 3 hours back together so say 6-8hours (max) labour at £40ph? plus parts should really only cost £450 to do diff bearings

Or man up and have a go yourself :p

@Jordk - Unfortunately I need one for an LSD otherwise I would have had it off you!

@Morgey - If I had an ounce of mechanical knowledge I would give it a go myself, unfortunately I would probably break something else in the process of trying to fix it :) thanks for the info though, if I can't find a new gearbox for it soon I'll have a look around for someone to repair it. I think it's about to give up judging by the amount of noise it was making yesterday!