Toyosports TD04 mani and standard rad

From the thread I've just read on tgtt the owner of the forum said he'd seen two with standard rad, and they were so close that the engine movement brought it forward enough to pop the rads in both cases so simple answer is no...

From the thread I've just read on tgtt the owner of the forum said he'd seen two with standard rad, and they were so close that the engine movement brought it forward enough to pop the rads in both cases so simple answer is no...

This is toyosports your talking about?

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?95902-Will-toyosport-td04-kit-fit-with-standard-radiator

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?94598-Question-RE-Toyosports-TD04-manifold

According to these theysay they don't fit, I saw one post were some one said they were meant to fit but were going to try it.

Watch the td04 conversion guide on YouTube he uses a toyosports kit, not sure if he used a civic sized rad, maybe worth a look...

Maybe worth just trying it, although if it's close keep in mind the engine will rock, and maybe not worth the risk.

Would be interesting to know, perhaps there design has changed over time, while its off and your waiting for a new rad you could always have an ewg flange put on, brace it and decat, and heat wrap it. :D

Would be interesting to know, perhaps there design has changed over time, while its off and your waiting for a new rad you could always have an ewg flange put on, brace it and decat, and heat wrap it. :D

Would it be worth it if I'm only running 1bar? What benefits would I get running a ewg?

External wastegates are more stable, and hold boost better - not to say that the internal won't do they job well. I'm running 1 bar on an ewg with a turbosmart ultragate 38 and screamer pipe, and a mild steel manifold with ewg flange added on.

The bracing could potentially save the manifold although mines had a td04/5 strapped to it 5 years strong lol on a mates car and mine for a while.

I'll pop up some pics...

Edit *used all my photo bucket bandwidth :(

Edited by TurboTobz