Dials changed - speedo stopped?

I changed the dial surround in my SR for a carbon effect TRD one and in doing so had to remove the clocks (3 connectors at the back)

but when i put everything back together i discovered that temp and revs both worked fine but my speedo's stopped working!

Pulled it all off again and found a plug that looks a bit like an oversized (male) aerial socket.....and then noticed a likely spot on the back of the clocks for it. Getting to it with the clocks in place was an absolute mission because it was so short, but i got it on from up and under the dash.

Anyway that didn't solve it either and the only thing that i may have moved is like a small clear plastic bar on a pivot (on rear of clocks)

but cant suss out what that does?

Any help would be amazing? :unknw:

Is your speedo cable ( the thing that looks like an aerial wire ) right the way in ? It'll be that, the speedo is mechanical through the cable, so its not the plugs you have to worry about.

Its litrally a cu*t to get to and im doing it by feel alone....it clicked but im guessing your rite.

Dont spose theres a nack that i haven't figured out to get to it?

Cheers for the reply :)

Remove stereo and shit from the centre and go in that way ??

I didn't have any of that in mine so thats the way i did it.

Or push as much of the cable through the bulkhead as you can to give you a bit more room. The grommet is next to the master cylinder.

Or drop the steering wheel down, undo the clock securing screws and pull the clocks out and get your hand round the back.

Its all fun & games mate lol.

Remove stereo and shit from the centre and go in that way ??

I didn't have any of that in mine so thats the way i did it.

Or push as much of the cable through the bulkhead as you can to give you a bit more room. The grommet is next to the master cylinder.

Or drop the steering wheel down, undo the clock securing screws and pull the clocks out and get your hand round the back.

Its all fun & games mate lol.

Jesus........

Thanks again mate :)

• 3 weeks later...

I sorted mine mate, I'd actually got it hooked up correctly but I guess you need to get the car moved a certain amount before it starts to register on the speedo again (if that makes sense?)

The only thing I can suggest is that on the back of the unit there are 3 electric push fits and the centre cable thing for the speedo and possibly these have come loose? Getting the speedo cable back on is a bitch though!