Smoking exhaust!

Right, Ive had the car about 3 months now and alls been good so far. Yesterday I was sat in traffic and smoke started pouring out of the exhaust, as soon as I set off it stopped! When I got home I got out of the car and walked round the back - no smoke! I left it a few mins to tick over and poof there it was again so I just turned the engine straight off! Whilst driving there is no smoke at all. It only smokes when you stop and let the car tick over for a few mins! Anybody know the problem? Expensive????

Right, Ive had the car about 3 months now and alls been good so far. Yesterday I was sat in traffic and smoke started pouring out of the exhaust, as soon as I set off it stopped! When I got home I got out of the car and walked round the back - no smoke! I left it a few mins to tick over and poof there it was again so I just turned the engine straight off! Whilst driving there is no smoke at all. It only smokes when you stop and let the car tick over for a few mins! Anybody know the problem? Expensive????

Turbo oil seals dude.

Either find a decent 2nd hand unit or recondition yours.

was wondering this myself as i have a similar problem with mine,mine is giving all the signals of overfuelling like black smoke and the smell on dropping gear :unsure:,plus after being out in it, while it is stationery it is leaving a black sute on the ground coming from the exhaust "i hear yous all saying overfuelling" but the spark plug tips are white so it aint getting enough fuel its a head scratcher.think its the turbo so i've got one coming and its going on the exhaust gas analyzer in college to find out exactly just hoping someone here may have a few suggestions.

sorry for jacking your thread but seemed a little pointless making another when we are having similar problems.

was wondering this myself as i have a similar problem with mine,mine is giving all the signals of overfuelling like black smoke and the smell on dropping gear :unsure: ,plus after being out in it, while it is stationery it is leaving a black sute on the ground coming from the exhaust "i hear yous all saying overfuelling" but the spark plug tips are white so it aint getting enough fuel its a head scratcher.think its the turbo so i've got one coming and its going on the exhaust gas analyzer in college to find out exactly just hoping someone here may have a few suggestions.

sorry for jacking your thread but seemed a little pointless making another when we are having similar problems.

IT's YOUR TURBO MATE YOUR SEALS ARE SHOT dont bother to buy a second hand one (we know because we have tried it) and if your dodgy turbo lets go ... it's goodbye to your top end .... phone Andy at www.allisport.com (he is a great TUNER and VERY knowledgeable about turbos and can make you a HYBRID or HIFLOW turbo)

IT's YOUR TURBO MATE YOUR SEALS ARE SHOT dont bother to buy a second hand one (we know because we have tried it) and if your dodgy turbo lets go ... it's goodbye to your top end .... phone Andy at www.allisport.com (he is a great TUNER and VERY knowledgeable about turbos and can make you a HYBRID or HIFLOW turbo for the same cost as a standard recon !!!!!! Tell him that TIM from churcham garage recommended him and you can have a go in Richard Hammonds's monster disco landrover monster thing !!!!

Nice1!!! Whats a Hiflow turbo? I know what a hybrid is - well sort of! What power increase can you get from converting your standard ct9 into a hybrid or a Hiflow? Im going to call Andy tomorrow. What price should I be looking at for my turbo reconditioning?