Misfire Misfire Misfire - lumpy 4th gear and 5th gear

Hi all

We sell a lot of EP91 Glanzas 99.9% manual of course and very very very high spec and have noticed that these little beasties are a little tempramental in the sparks department depending what boost and fuel pressure etc... you are running !!! IT IS ABSOLUTLEY VITAL to get a CLEAN spark setup - that is distributor rotor / cap / leads / and GOOD PLUGS !! these 4efte engines definatlety do not like any damp - corrosion - dirt - or anything like that around their ign coils dizzy LEADS especially and 9 out of 10 times there is condensation where the plugs are located in the top end,,,, do yourself a favour and dont use nippon denso plugs (NGK are OK!!) make sure your distributor cap is CLEAN inside and if in doubt CHANGE YOUR LEADS (Toyota leads are outrageously expensive) get some copper core leads not these rubbish carbon leads - it might make your next door neighbours telly a bit fuzzy but these cars are so susceptible to poor ignition and we don't want to be accelerating in 4th or 5th gear and feel like there is a kangaroo in the bonnet do we ??? email me and I will let you know the BEST plugs to use depending on your setup!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, not the first post I wanted to be making, but I think my glanza is mifiring. ;)

Seems to be in 3rd, 4th anf 5th in low revs. Gets to about 3k, and all of a sudden the power is back!

My old pug used to do it when damp, and I used to dry and clean the coil pack, but hav only had the glanza a few days, so dont want to be doing things Im not 100% sure on yet.

Should I put it down the sh*t weather were having, or should I take it back to the garage?

Cheers,

Oz

happened to me mate about a week after i had the car!! was my plugs and leads. took the 4th lead out and out came about 10litres of water with it!! i bought a tin of compressed air and blasted all the water out of where the plug sits lots of dirty water came out with it. and i bought new leads as thet lookd royally F****D lol

well Im glad its nothing too major!

I just reseated the ht leads, and things are ok for the minute. Ill keep my eye on it tho.

The cars going back to the garage in the next two weeks to have the speedo converter fitted, and the 'stat changed, so Ill mention it then, and try for new leads and plugs. Good thing the car came with a 3 month warrenty! ;)

Cheers for your reply, youve put my mind at rest!

Oz

Ill keep my eye on it tho.

The cars going back to the garage in the next two weeks to have the speedo converter fitted, and the 'stat changed, so Ill mention it then, and try for new leads and plugs. Good thing the car came with a 3 month warrenty! :p

Well I was being a bit optimistic here, the day after I wrote this, the car started to fire on 3. ;)

Back to the garage I bought the car from. They replaced the plugs (didnt fix it), the dizzy (didnt fix it), then the ht leads, and it sorted the problem.

Shes running well... for now