td05 and supporting mods???

hi people quite new to UKSO club but not new to the ep world but never ventured away from my hybrid ct12 so the bigger turbo scene is all new to me, I'm currently looking at buying a ep91 which has td05-16g turbo, running 1bar and the usually supporting mods (tuning development update blue fuel rail, adjustable fuel reg etc) is there anythink in particular I need to look out for when viewing car? and if all ok any mods I would need to get straight away to support the engine and turbo better. thanks Dan. p.s engine is semi forged piston and rods

Edited by sayer88

First off. Welcome!

If a car is running a turbo that big, make sure it has some kind of management and is mapped to suit... Just plonking a fuel pressure regulator on and hoping the fuelling will be safe is just silly!

If it has forged pistons and rods... Id class that as forged... not semi forged....

Make sure you get receipts or proof that it has had what he says it has had done though!

Best of luck with the viewing!

hi people quite new to UKSO club but not new to the ep world but never ventured away from my hybrid ct12 so the bigger turbo scene is all new to me, I'm currently looking at buying a ep91 which has td05-16g turbo, running 1bar and the usually supporting mods (tuning development update blue fuel rail, adjustable fuel reg etc) is there anythink in particular I need to look out for when viewing car? and if all ok any mods I would need to get straight away to support the engine and turbo better. thanks Dan. p.s engine is semi forged piston and rods

If its the one on gumtree for 2500 dont go for it,