redone engine seals now no compression

I have stripped all the seals off my 4efte. cleaned the carbon build up off of the valves renewed all gaskets and seals. car now wont start. compression test shows up no compression atall as did the wet test. obviously meaning the piston rings are ok. timing is bang on tripple checked this lol.seems as if the compression is being lost back through the inlet side of things. im thinking possibly a valve problem and i am going to remove head on Friday. but if anyone has had a similar problem and it is something stupid then let me know.

Cheers derek

The headgasket can go on two ways. But it won't affect the compression, you'll just have a monsoon of an oil leak.

If you've lost compression on all 4 cylinders then it's unlikely to be something you've done with the head, that would be very unlucky. I still reckon the timings out 180 degrees.

Edited by AdamB

i dont understand how the timing could be out if the factory marks are lined up on the cams and cylinder one is at tdc. Its mind blowing lol. its gonna be something very stupid. i will let you guys know WHEN i figure it out haha.

If it was a longer belt it would not tension up. And yes definitely the 4e marks. I'm a mechanic so know what I'm doing but just wondered if there was something that may have happened. It's probs something silly. Will find out soon when the head comes off lol.

That's fine open to all suggestions lol. Yeah I seen that gt turbo thing and had a look. Will triple check it all tonight.

That's fine open to all suggestions lol. Yeah I seen that gt turbo thing and had a look. Will triple check it all tonight.