Ok so this is my first starlet and I was going to keep it as it was when I bought it..... But I think we all know that never lasts long haha

This is the car when I got it

null-21.jpg

null-20.jpg

null-19.jpg

But pretty soon I got bored of it and was looking into forged engines and td04 kits

And then one fateful evening (8 hours before I set off for USC at Santa pod) the engine decided it didn't want to work any more.

So I got the car towed home by a mate and after we got back from USC we set about finding the problem

Couldn't find anything on the face of things e.g engine was timed, oil was a bit thick but seamed ok ect.

We then decided we would just take the engine out and strip it.

null-18.jpg

null-16.jpg

Ok so that was the engine out and then we started to strip it....we didn't have an engine stand at the start haha

null-9.jpg

null-11.jpg

This what we found when we took the head off...

Who can see the problem here? Haha

null-8.jpg

Next we took the sump off to find a lovely mix of things

Little end, most of a con rod and bits of bearings

null-4.jpg

The rest of a rod and a shattered piston

null-5.jpg

the crank (the culprit)

We believe that due to an oil leak/ oil pump that there wasn't enough oil pressure to get oil to this end of the crank so it's got dry, expanded and shattered everything around it

null.jpg

There is also a large chuck missing from the bottom of the cylinder, can't really see it in the picture

null-1.jpg

ok so after finding all this mess I decided to just find an already built engine and go from there

Will update again once I pick the new engine up tomorrow

Ok so I picked the knew engine up on Saturday, TD stage 2 forged, with cruise cams. And got it mounted in last night, just needs plumbing in tonight

I also got a few extra goodies to fit,

Adjustable FPR

225lph fuel pump

Bailey bov

Greddy Emanage Ultimate

, I will post some pictures when I'm home from work

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so it's been a while since I've updates this but not much has really happened,

I've got a few pictures or the engine in and a couple of other things but nothing major

Engine in

null_zps1891124d.jpg

Fuel pressure reg on

null_zps40f99bd1.jpg

E-manage ultimate (still need to get mapped)

null_zps97b90360.jpg

3bar map sensor

null_zps480a48ce.jpg

I took the car to tuning developments at the weekend for a dyno run and got mixed results, not what I was expecting but gave me something to work off.

Going home tonight to sort out my wonky inter cooler and piping