Drums sticking

Ive noticed that my drums are increasingly sticking when driving, whats the best way to sort this out?

If its just a case of adjusting the shoes or cable can someone give me an idiots guide please? Lol

Thankyouu

Yes mate, brake fluids fine... Seems to be only sticking at drivers side so i think the shoes need adjusting... I was reading about driving at around 5mph and rapidly pulling handbrake and releasing it to ratchett the rear shoes looser? I know it dowsnt sound the beat idea... But would it work? Im booked into garage on the 6th and need to drive it everyday till then...

• 2 weeks later...

ripping the handbrake up will ratchet them in closer so make them stick even more, as the shoe wears down they automatically ratchet up to compensate for this, this is why loosening the handbrake wont make them looser at the drum.

I hate drum brakes with a passion, iam unsure of the design but take a look inside there will be some kind of ratchet or adjuster, you need to adjust so that you drum will fit back on so its snug and still rotates. put it all back together and pump the foot brake up then when hard press down firmly and pull the handrake up and down a few times, then release the footbrake and test it.

you have done the best thing in my opinion... let someone else do it lol