setting up my fcd

Right I have a JAM FCC fitted to my glanza but it isnt working as i still hit fuel cut at 13psi, so I have bought A HKS FCD off of

ebay. I have noticed that ther is an adjustable screw on the front. When I fit it what do I do with this? Where do I adjust it to

and what is it for?

Also am I right in thinking that I can just cut the wires off my JAM FCC and join the HKS FCD to the wires using crimpable

connectors?

sorry i realy cant advise here bud as i have never used an fcd,

can i ask why your intent on fitting one?

unless you have fualing mods to suite you could end up running lean and melting a piston with just an fcd?

Eh! So whats the point in putting a fcd on at all if you cant raise the boost as mine runs upto 13psi now without hitting cut! I thought the whole point of putting an fcd on was to raise the boost? 12.5psi is stock boost!

Whats a rising rate pressure regulator? What does that do? How much are they, where can I get one from, and are they tricky to fit?

And also when I install my FCD next week can I not run boost above 12.5psi! It will make no differnece to what its running now as it runs upto 13 now without fuel cutting. I have a Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller so its quite easy to mess around with the boost and I have it set so it doesnt go above 13psi but sometimes in a low gear on a steep hill and foot flat to the floor it rises above 13psi and hits the fuel cut, with the FCD fitted will it continue to rise without cutting? Also when you say it needs to be set up on a RR is that to adjust the fueling to accomodate for the extra boost?

If I get a rising rate pressure regulator can I then turn the boost up above 12.5psi and what psi can I run safely? Also ive seen one on WWW.JPERFORMANCE.CO.UK for £49.99 is this a good price? Also I know that they are adjustable, do I need a professional to set it up or is it a simple diy jobby? Thanks people! :unsure:

£49 is a good price, make sure its a starlet specific RRFPR because you will need the fuel rail adaptor. its easy enough to fit, i did mine in about half an hour, but make sure you know what you're doing because you will be dealing with FUEL lines. can be dangerous.

then you really need to get it set up on a rolling road to get the most out of it, you dont want to be leaning out your engine my friend!

The fse one on www.starletgtturbo.co.uk thats £67.50 does that come with all the fittings to fit onto a ep91 engine and do you need to buy the gauge at £20? If not where do you get them from? The Sard one on toy tuning looks a top piece of kit and the best one in my opinion but I dont think I can afford £135!

Where did you get yours from ady? And when you next at college? is it 12th Nov, gunna nip n see you all and stop at nikki's

yeas i got the fes reg and the gauge from starletgtturbo.com. comes with everything needed, hoses, clips etc.

get the sard one of you can afford it.

yeah i am at college near that time, come see us, i will have my hybrid on by then!!!

yeah it was around that kind of price, cant remember.

i have only set the pressure to just above stock, until i get my hybrid and stuff on. then i'l get it all set up on the rollers and see what shes running.

yeah its changed a bit since you last saw me, now i have a front mount, rrfpr, and a stainless mani and hybrid on its way. i might have more stuff than that but i cant remember!

i dont know what power its running now, its never been on the rollers.