Just ordered these speakers, any good?

Just ordered these from fleabay, any good?

Will I hear a decent improvement over standard?

The current head unit is a Sony and the facia says 35W x 4 on it.

I chose these JBL's because the RMS power says 35W in the advert.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=006

£24 delivered seemed reasonable :unsure:

Chris

Just ordered these from fleabay, any good?

Will I hear a decent improvement over standard?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=006

£24 delivered seemed reasonable :unsure:

Chris

They look good, it depends what else you have running in the car. For your average joe a good set of 6x9's in the back and a decent set of components up front do the trick nicely. They look okay, they have a tweeter built in as well so that speaker will give u ok mid/high, buy a set of 6x9's and power them on the low frequency terminals so it powers the bass more.

Your headunit is no where near 35x4 thats like a myth its all figures but there sufficient to power those speakers you bought no problem. To get the best from speakers you really need an external amp.

Decent price as well, JBL is one of the leaders in automotive sound and a world leader in speaker systems. Most cinemas use JBL and JBL have alot of its products on yachts etc.

I take it you have door cards/pods for these to go into?

Make sure the door is deep enough for the speaker basket to fit into, if it doesnt a little tweaking of the screws may help. Or just make a spacer from foam or MDF.

Just ask if u need any more help pal

MM

I take it you have door cards/pods for these to go into?

Er...no :unsure: I did a search on here and it said the standard speakers in an N/A were 10cm units so I just did a search and went for the ones that sounded best, I know JBL are a decent make and I was sure someone had mentioned GTOs somewhere on here.

Just been reading about impedence on the web, looks like I might end up with very quiet speakers as the amp in the head unit will have to work twice as hard to provide the same power through a 2ohm impedence compared to 4ohm :wacko:

Shit, the more I read, the happier I'm not.

Looks like I risk blowing the amp in the stereo if I crank up the volume above half!

Bollox, a prime example of doing your research first...doh!

I think you can change the impedance depending on your wiring setup. I know you can half the impedance but not too shore about doubling it... I'll have a look on google.

EDIT

Right had a look If you wire the speakers in series you will be able to double their impedance.. but then you'll only be using one channle... so will only be left or right not both

The 35W x 4 thats on the facia refers to the peak power of the stereo. In RMS its more like 15W / 16W x 4.

Just thought I'd add my bit!

Update

Spotted a contact number on the website and rang them up. The 4" speakers are 4ohm apparently, they cut and pasted from the JBL website which is wrong. The packing says 4ohms in big writing. We'll see what happens when they arrive.

Chris