bearings help

so i have a forged 5e tdo4 monster and on changing the oil we realised that there was a funny silver colout to the oil and realized it was because the bearing were going on the mains.... i was using some random taiwanese brand bearings as that was all i was able to find at first.

I managed to track down the acl dealer in trinidad and he said he can get me all the bearings for the engine 10 thou in the non racing series.

the crank is polished and i will do it again just in case... do you guys think that these bearing will be able to put up with the thumping i put the car though as they are not the racing series... the old ones lasted id say a week before i heard a slight knocking... i dont wana go buy the bearing and then they same thing happens again

any one who has a forged 5e let me know what bearing you guys are using...

cheers

alejandro

ACL don't offer a race series bearing for the E series engines, so just the normal OEM replacement bearings will have to suffice. Nearly every engine rebuild I know of use ACL's from stock, all the way up to Spuddy's 560bhp monster.

ohhhh so they dont offer the race series in the E ahhh that would makes sense as to why i cant bloody find them... good to know... then i guess it will be acl non race series then.... this whole time i thought u guys just had better stuff than i did down here.... thank you kindly

your a gentleman and a scholar

probably not but yea thanks lol

what do you mean by oil clearances?

is that where u use the paper ruler and the funky little strip of plastic like thing under the bearings??

if so im not sure what the clearance was the mechanic took care of that i dont touch things that could potentially destroy the car...

Edited by rasslenny

we are changing the oil pump just in case... its never been done... the only bearing that was a complete mess was number 4 and we think it was starvation as the clearance was the same on all 4... will keep you up to date when I get it back up and running

just so i know what should the clearance be... ill double check that we dont have them too tight

Edited by rasslenny

just the bearing holding me back the dealer said ti would take about a week and a half from the day i order them...he doesnt have the 5e bearings only the 4e so i gots to bring them in....

i messaged tuning developments back also to get prices from them to see if its near the same price and how long it would take... even if its more pricey and i can get them sooner ill go that way... i guess he saw the thread and messaged me saying he had them.... hes pretty on top of things that guy

was talking to one of the rally drivers down here who drives a starlet .... he said he had a 5e in his for a while and he had to change the bearings twice as they kept knocking after good thumping

so question does any one know if the 5e when boosted has bearing problems or oil pressure problems that would lead to bearing failure???

this 5e is starting to rattle my brains and good piss me off

There was a bit of a myth that the 5e suffers from an oil pressure problem, but 99 times out of 100 its down to how its built.

If you have an oil pressure gauge that will provide more information on whats going on, without one its just guessing really.

lol there are also myths about Sasquatch and the loch ness monster but till some one proves it its just a myth lol.... does any one know for sure that these myths are just people talking out there rectums about the oil pressure problems??

im going to get an oil pressure gauge today as its useful to have any way

Thing is, I've lost 2x 4EFTE due to oil pressure problems, so if there is problems with the 5E, it isn't just that engine, its the E series in general.

Some people shim the pressure relief valve in the sump, some don't, so its a bit hit and miss really.