Bringing a car from belfast to the mainland

Ok lads i live in n.ireland and i have my car up for sale

The mot is out today and tax is out on tuesday

There is supposed to be a guy coming from london for it on sunday and he has it booked for mot for monday morning

He is worried about taking it on the boat in belfast as it has no mot an he does not want any points or fines ect to come out of it

I have assured him that it will be fine but hes not so sure

I spoke to my dad and he says it will be fine as he has took vans cars and lorrys to england from here that was just out of mot and he said he never had any problems

But i just thought i would double check as i wouldnt want him coming in to any bother

I know over here if your stoped with no mot and its just up and you have it booked they dont bother with you

Its a tricky one tbh

And another thing, i have trade insurance that covers me to drive a car with no m.o.t so do you think it would be ok for me to put the car on the boat for him ?

Cheers

It will be fine mate Im from n Ireland and live in London I've done it loads of times boath ways and never had any bother aslong as it's got a bit if tax if he gets stopped just explain to the police that he's just been to n Ireland to collect the car and it's going for an mot when he gets it home

Tell him to book it in for an mot sumwer in Liverpool on Monday morning and get the overnight boat on Sunday night then he can drive straight off the boat to his mot.. Sounds like he's not that keen if I wanted a car I wouldn't give a fuck if it had mot or not lol