Forged 5e and td05 setup

Lag will be the same as 4e + td04 combo, 1 bar around the 3300ish mark depending on compression ratio and map. Isn't that td05 a hybrid? I thought it was but may have been reading something else haha.

• 3 weeks later...

ive ran a 5e td05 16g for over 5 years, before that i went through a td04 and 2 vf28's which was FAR better for a fast road car but as i track mine ive since gone td05-20g.

I'm going down the same route I have a fully forged 5e and was going to go td05 then the vfs caught my eye? Is a td05 not only capable of 290ish? Before the turbo starts stressing?

td05-16g from an impreza can flow upto 320-340 on a 4e, but all down to a decent ECU and a good map.

at 1.5bar on a td05 you should with a okish tune see from 290 to 300bhp area..

but td05s can run 1.7 if you want a power figure, and then ran a little less boost on road for turbo reliability.

1.5 is good boost for a td05, 1.2bar is minimum it likes otherwise you may as well go smaller turbo..

l

Emanage ultimate, td05-18g 311bhp@1.5bar

Was rather laggy though, I did a fith gear pull from 30 against my mate's vxr over a mile and he nailed me simply because of lag BUT when it kicks in Oushh it was good.

Needless to say I'm a lag whore

td05-16g from an impreza can flow upto 320-340 on a 4e, but all down to a decent ECU and a good map.

at 1.5bar on a td05 you should with a okish tune see from 290 to 300bhp area..

but td05s can run 1.7 if you want a power figure, and then ran a little less boost on road for turbo reliability. What's difference between 16g and 18g?

1.5 is good boost for a td05, 1.2bar is minimum it likes otherwise you may as well go smaller turbo..

l

Was rather laggy though, I did a fith gear pull from 30 against my mate's vxr over a mile and he nailed me simply because of lag BUT when it kicks in Oushh it was good.

What's the difference between 16g and 18g

• 3 weeks later...

5th gear is pritty poop but meh you just have to change more :thumbsup:

the lag is not that bad tbh when it kicks in its all worth it! :yahoo: