how much would i be looking at for a decent respray on my car, and does it matter if i want a different colour to what was already on the car? what about insurance, i've heard that a different colour could boost the insurance as its nicer to steal or something ridiculous like that!

I was quoted about a £1000 for full respray on my starlet,could be alot more for colour change,cause the door shuts and boot shut will have to be painted alot more work,not to sure about insurance but

Prices range from around £600 from a back street garage up to about £1500 from a top body shop but make sure you check some of their past work before using anybody.

As for insurance, someone told me my insurance will now be cheaper because its Yellow and its the highest visable colour on the road so theres less chance of an accident. But thinking about it now, that could be untrue because it'll attract more thieves aswell!

But if it stands out maybe people will not try and steal it because its easily recognisable?? just a thought :)

Big work for a different colour.....windows gotta come out and all the bay and inside of doors etc got to be painted aswell :lol:

My mate used to work for Laurence Dandrea's in Kilmarnock -- He took £1000 to respray my mates car and that was with us rubbing it down and taking the windows/interior out and filling a couple slight dings.

Top job tho.

hmmm feck... might be a bit pricey then! was thinking of getting it sprayed black, but now just a respray, theres a few dents from previous owners, and a bit of rust... i know it'll be worth it, and i love my ikkle car! will just have to sort out the central locking and stuff out then!