Polished cam cover cleaning ?

Had a look on here couldnt really find anything so il ask and see what happens :), my polished cam cover and hoses have started too get waterspots on them by the looks of it, and i cannot remove them for love nor money with a cloth and elbow grease,,, had a look at Autoglym engine bay and machine cleaner but states on there not too use on polished items,,, is there a specfic polished alloy cleaner i can buy to get rid of these so called water spots from the hoses and covers ?? i havent bought GUNK as they are degresers and my engine isnt filthy, just need to get rid of the localised spots, not a huge clean ?

This is a picture so you know what im on about 1415212_1442330169327465_1264389555_o.jp

A bit of autosol on a microfiber cloth will do but make sure you go with the grain of the metal or it'll all just look shit. After all the water spots are off use a bit of wd40 on a clean cloth and wipe off any excess polish then buff up with a clean cloth. The wd40 should help against any future water marks and clean up the autosol nicely.

Wouldn't recommend Brasso as it's meant for brass (hence the name) and it leaves a nasty residue and won't do the ally any favours.