Battery issue

Recently my car started to play up. Firstly, it didn't start and I had to get the jump leads out and jump it. Then I went to work 2 days, the radio flickered on and off before dying completely. I went and got z new battery and it worked for two weeks no issues. Then I decided to fix the radio and found out the yellow live wire wasn't working. So, I ran a separate live from the battery to the wire and the radio worked. Now after 3 days the car has officially sure again.. I'm thinking its alternator?

Could be the alternator. Use a multimeter with car running across the battery. Should have 14.5volts or around that. If thats what u get try switching on components and observe what the voltage then drops to. Shouldnt drop below 13volts under load. If thats again okay then sounds like u have current draw from somewhere. For example u say that this only has occured with the radio installed. Sounds like the radio is being fed constantly even when the car is off so its just draining your battery. That explains why it took alot longer after u had installed a new battery. May have to consider changing your radio as it could be an internal defect maybe. That or just try another radio after u have fully charged the battery and see if it makes a difference

Would you suggest getting a new battery, putting it on and just checking the current draw and go from there? Are you familiar with radio wiring? Just I fitted a wire straight to the yellow live wire, which I've been told is supposed to be constantly feeding it with 12v..

I would charge the new battery that u already bought. It will still work perfectly its just dead thats all. As for the wiring i cant help im afraid as i dont have a radio in my GT. Headphones all the way baby. Lol. Other than that i cant be a great deal of help im afraid. Maybe ask someone else for a wiring diagram or pictures of how the wiring is run

I got the battery charged up and on. Checked voltage when engines running and got 14.4v and when components are on its about 13.4. I did a check also by disconnecting the neg terminal and putting one prong in that and one of the terminal and I'm getting a 12.7 reading... Does that mean I've hot a draw somewhere??

Faulty alternators can also drain the battery. Just because its showing 14 odd volts, doesnt mean its providing enough amperage to charge the battery correctly. I would start but removing the alternator and taking it to be tested somewhere. Atleast if it tests ok, thats that headache out of the way.