Splitter & skirt repair help please

Ok do going to be re-paring some damage to my front jam splitter and rear live sports splitter what's the best products and way to go about this. Front splitter had a gouge out if it and rear has a few gouges and a crack from top by exhaust to the bottom.

I'm also going to be prepping and painting my live sports skirts again what's the best way about doing this and products

Cheers nick :D

Edited by akyakapotter

Put some pics of the damage up. Gouges you're probably ok just using some upol filler but cracks will need fiberglassing most likely. For filler on the gouges sand the surrounding area back before you apply the filler. Let it go off then sand flat. Same with fiberglass really but if possible I would fiberglass from the back of the bumper then filler the front. Don't have to worry about sanding the fiberglass off then and you can apply plenty.

As for te skirts unless there's any damage then just give them a good key and dust over with primer, flat the primer then paint away.

That's how I would tackle it (without seeing te damage myself) but I'm sure there will be others who think I'm completely wrong lol.

A good way to stop cracks spreading Is drill a

Small circular hole either end of it, then fill that hole with fibreglass resin

Once a crack starts you see it's easy for it to spread,

You drill a

Smooth hole at either end it

Stops it right where it is!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...