Few questions

What is it?

What does it do?

How do you fit it? (Pics)

Is it worth getting one?

Sorry to sound dumb but im in the middle of sorting handling out on the gt and cant find any details on them :)

Youtube it theres loads of really good videos with diagrams. Bu basically it lowers the rear of your wishbone which changes your something. Imagine a car on standard suspension accelerating hard, the front of the car lifts up and the wheels may even spin. Now with a antilift kit the car wont lift away up as much and the weight stays over the front wheels for grip. Now thats only using the spacer plates (10mm) If you also fit the castor bushes you can move your rear wishbone bushes towards the outside of the car, only 10_15mm but that makes a big difference. You know how a gokart handles, it wants to drive straight all the time and when u steer it straightens up really quickly again.. Well thats how your starlet will handle. It great if most of your driving is over 60_70mph but if like me your on twisty roads all the time alittle extra camber and a good alignment is plenty.

I had the kit on my last starlet for years and years and years and I totally loved it and would reccomend it but for the comfort in a daily driven country road car with not much power I havent bothered fitting it to this one.

I should warn you though, a few of us have broken captive nuts in the floor trying to fit these kits. Its not the kits fault but sometimes, for whatever reason when you try to remove the bolts in the floor the welds on the nut breaks. You can remove the carpet, scrap away some sound deadening, enlarge a wee hole and reweld it etc. Now this has happened like 5 people in the whole entire world but I feel I should warn you of the risk no matter how slim.

Edited by rmsnoel

The anti lift kit is actually a Castor correction kit. It counter acts the Kingpin Inclination since the strut HAS to be at an angle to the hub for packaging reasons ie brakes. The distance between the centreline of the wheel and the kingpin axis is called the "Scrub radius" which we want to be as close to 0 as possible especially in a front wheel drive car because it reduces torque steer. However for those that decide to put spacers on the hub because they are trying to fit wide wheels for stance, you actually increase the scrub radius since the wheel is being pushed further away and the distance between the centreline of the wheel and the kingpin axis gets greater and you will actually make the car handle worse, along with looking shit imo.

The main reason for increasing castor is to reduce the adverse changes in camber, ie the positive camber which we don't want. Generally if there is 4 degrees of kingpin inclination then you would counteract that with 4 degrees of castor.