Help needed ASAP on Saxo bottom pulley

I was removing bottom pulley on my Saxo to remove it and u thought the center bolt out but I've been told its only the three you need to undo.. The big center bolt has cone loose so what in asking is can I just wind it back in and undo the other three? I've just heard that that bolt doesn't undo..

It sounds to me like you have undone the WHOLE bottom pulley. I've never worked on a saxo so I don't know whether I am 100% correct but on some cars the bottom pulley is in two halves. One half is where cambelt would sit on and the other half is where the alternator belt would sit. It sounds like you have undone the bottom pulley including the cambelt part. If this is the case you MAY get away with just tightening back up but if It was my car I defo crank over by hand before starting up. Hope this helps mate.

Also if the bottom pulley hasn't actually come away from the engine then you should be ok just to whip it back up. As above crank over by hand to be on safe side just incase the crank has moved.

Edited by Sefton-EP91

The thing is mate the cambelt has snapped and I'm taking it all off to replace the belt and check the head.. I didn't remove the bolt, I only ska hens it.. What's the worst that could happen just removing that bolt? Nothing I'm thinking?

Oh thank giblets for that... I was like, il check online and they were like " don't do it!!! " I was like " s&£@, I have ! " il just bang it back up and undo the other 3.. Cheers for clarifying it. I didn't think it would cause harm if I'm taking the whole lot off..

Only if the pulley comes adrift (moves about freely) this is then effected. If this was the case I would then suggest to whip the bolt up and turn over by hand to make sure the timing is still correct (making sure engine doesn't lock up). Those other three bolts are only bolted to the "main" pulley on which the cambelt is driven on. If you remove the big bolt in the middle and remove pulley you are taking away the bottom part for which the cambelt is on. I hope this makes sense :)