Dented wing in post... Help please

Ordered a Glanza wing from a breaker in manchester. Sent him pictures of the damaged wing through what's app showing him the damage. He said that he sent the wing out in mint condition and that city link must of put a heavy parcel on top of it damaging it etc.

So he said to me to send it back to him, but I will be out of pocket I said and it will be expensive to send the wing out to him. He then said he will contact city link to see if he can make a claim.

Do I make a PayPal claim and claim for the postage as I paid using them or wait for him to get back to me?

Never been in such a situation so any help is greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Ep'd

Your fucked basically dude, claims agaisnt couriers almost never come off.

I had one drop my varis bumper out of his van on cctv and they turned round during the claim and said it wasn't packed good enough which was a load of bollocks really its was packed fantastic just a 6 foot drop side onto a kerb ain't going to do good haha

So do I wait for the breaker to put a claim in with the courier or do I make a PayPal claim against him?

But I have rights through PayPal don't I as it was advertised on eBay?

Buyer protection?

Edited by Ep'd

So do I wait for the breaker to put a claim in with the courier or do I make a PayPal claim against him?

But I have rights through PayPal don't I as it was advertised on eBay?

Buyer protection?

You can put a claim through PayPal yes, and with him being the sender he should put a claim against the courier

let him make the claim, + ya have 40 odd days to make the claim agianest him so give him the time try and sort out as i would believe the couriers damaged it..

i seen dhl load and unload packages by throwing them to each other with 2 vans back to back and the doors opened, next time this happens il video it and up load it to youtube, and show dhl.. fucking disgrace imo..

let him make the claim, + ya have 40 odd days to make the claim agianest him so give him the time try and sort out as i would believe the couriers damaged it..

i seen dhl load and unload packages by throwing them to each other with 2 vans back to back and the doors opened, next time this happens il video it and up load it to youtube, and show dhl.. fucking disgrace imo..

Why are people so heartless man. Can you imagine all the children and it being Christmas with broken toys etc...

Wankers man. Yes upload it and thanks for the advise appreciate it bud

il do my best to catch them, they load and unload the trucks in a petrol station in a small town not 8 min drive away from me.. so next time i seen them, il get them.

your rite man and can ya imagine something antique and and these knob ends just throwing it about like nothing..

oh and also i bought a genuine jam rear bumper form russ this year and i asked russ to make a vid of him showing me the condition of the bumper and it was 100% apart from a lil chip and paint flake, but i already new this..

anyway i had a courier pick it up, anyway i got it and when i unwrapped it the was a small piece broken.. typical! and ya know he did it as when i went to get it he wanted it out of the van asap..

Yeah he said that city link would not accept liability.

He knew I could of made a PayPal claim and that he would of lost but its principal and yes he's a top bloke.

Didn't see that coming. But I did send him the pics of the damage :)

city link cunts..

i think there is something that protectes the couriers from this.. and i think it when you sign your name on the electronic thing they have, basically i think when you sign it your saying the package is 100% in good condition and that what ever damage is on it after that, is your own fault..

hence when i get my stuff from japan il open the box and see what condition they parts are in before i sign anything