So yeah, I know using these is known as an offence to many starbo owners.. But truth is I can't afford the p&p..

So for the time being until I win the lottery I'll be using a HKS Fcd, and I've got the diagram, helpfully provided on this forum.. Only issue is, when wiring it to the ecu/loom connector, on the diagram, do I place it on the specific holes as shown regardless of cable colour

Or do I go by the wire colour? Bit of a rookie question but sureley there is another fellow cowboy who's diy a fcd.

And what's the lowest/standard setting on the hks, 12 am I right?

Thanks for any potential help/abuse ;D

Ollie

From what I remember theres 4 wires, 1 live, 1 earth, the other two sit on a wire from the MAP to ECU. There's loads of info about do a search on here, or definitely theres loads on TGTT forum. Start on 12 work your way back, it'll settle around 8/7 usually. But remember this needs to be set up with an RRFPR to compensate the fuelling otherwise you'll be running lean. Best done on a dyno or with a good quality wideband kit.

You need to know exact air/fuel ratio's @WOT

Perfect :) thanks for that, yeah Sard fpr at the ready to adjust.

Just on the diagram supplied by hks: it shows black, green, red cable pointing into a plug hole..

When I find the particular hole.. The colour doesn't match the diagram?

Guess it's just an arrow pointing to the plug position?

Not sure just wanted to see if anyone else had done one before I start cutting anything

Ahah

Cheers tobz

Right, White and yellow are the wires your unsure of?

They tap a green wire IIRC.

Can be tapped in at the ecu end to keep things tidy or tapped in the bay, it's up to you.

There's a pin out diagram on google images, google HKS FCD second and third images should make things clearer.

Keep the FCD@ position 0 until your FPR is set up properly I take it your getting this done on a dyno rather than yourself with a wideband kit?

Personally speaking I wouldn't be happy mapping an unfinished project, so I'd only be looking to map it once I am fully happy with the spec I am running, and I'd be looking to run a standalone rather than a piggy back. I think the FCD route is a good option just to get you by until you reach a point when your happy with your car.