i have a hks pfc fcon it came with the car and when i was wiring speakers in the other day i found a dreaded hks fuel cut defender and my heart sunk, ive researched a bit and i know its to do with fueling smoother flow slighter uprated on boost or whatever but i dont fully understand what it is, being my first v im paranoid and trying to iron out the creases with it slowly but surely, is it safe?

edit: i know what the fuel cut defender does, im after info on this fcon thingy

Edited by Jay2ohh

That's an aftermarket ECU.

It's most likely been setup on a rolling road for more BHP. If the mapping has been done right the FCD is fine. But, as you don't know what's been dome it's difficult..

I was trying to bid on a fcon on eBay there good stuff from reading into them. Just a little older generation.

From what ive heard they are a good bit of kit. But its very out dated. Came out in the 90s. So isit good today? I think its not the best. An emage ultimate is better. Depends if u get rid of it or not. Also if you got a wideband lambda u can keep an eye out for your afr. And if its good then you know its proberly mapped

its not an fcon pro v or an fcon pro or a fcon whatever, it says on the top pfc fcon and it says something to do with fueling, im not entirely sure what it is, its wedged below the turbo timer on the centre console has a green light that says turbocharger next to it, just paranoid about it going bang thats why im desperate to get this boost gauge, fmic, fuel presh reg so i can see if im safe lol, thanks for the help anyway