Basically on cold start up in morning I can hear what sounds like a belt or a bearing, seem to think its water pump bearing as when cars upto temp and running noise goes away. Also the bottle connected to the top of the radiator to the right. Mines empty. Is it supposed to be empty or have water/fluid in it? The temp reason in car sits just below half way as should expect it too show. Just abit cautious as I'm concerned. All help appreciated thanks!

temp should read halfway buddy.

the bottle is an overflow and should be empty,

when the car is cold open your radiator cap and make sure its full to the top.

The belts can make noise in the winter when they are cold and usually quieten down after it warms up,

If you think its the water pump pully just remove the belt and turn it by hand it should spin freely if you can feel friction on the pully then I would recommend you change the water pump.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the reply sorry for late response been very busy! Yeah this noise did disappear but now driving even after 20 minutes there's still a noise from a squeaky belt, (as said previously) has got progressively worse since the weather temp has dropped. Will pay more attention to it when I leave work tonight. Thinking of just replacing the little niggly bits for piece of mind soon as new year hits I.e fan belt, water pump and belt.