easiest way to wire sub in ?

So in looking at installing a sub in the boot and looking to run the wires from head unit through glove box, down the side of the bottom of the door sill trims and up behind the seats,, my question is how do I remove the centre console facia that the head unit sits in? or is there a easier way to wire in the sub,,, my plan is to use the phono leads to the head unit, then the power to the battery through the firewall... already got 6x9's wire up,, or is there a easier way of routing the wires, as I want it looking neat ,,Thanks :)

Well, first things first, you should try to run the power wiring along your drivers side. I did for safety purposes as the fuel tank inlet sits on your passenger side (for me fortunately it's the other way round). Through the middle is not an option as sound cables (and remote for the amp) should not be near the power cables as this would, especially in stronger setups, lead to interferences and thus a not so good sounding speaker (regardless of class of speaker). To wire the sound cables through the middle you can pull out your headunit, loosen the handbrake and gearknob surround, stuff the cables behind the headunit so they fall down and simply pull them down, run them underneath the surrounds and stuff them under the carpet behind the handbrake. Undo at least one bolt of your rear bench seating to remove part of the carpet to reach the cable and pull it through. In the boot (assuming you have a 1/3 folding rearbench like me) run the sound cables through the two parts of the rear bench rears and through the opening in the bootcarpet there. The power cables can be stuffed under the side parts of the ... I think trim is the word, I hope you get what I want to say. Well, stuff them under there and let them come out only in the boot to connect to the amp. Then test it. Only if it runs correctly put the carpet back and refasten the rear bench.

This is what I did, I hope it helps you.

Well, first things first, you should try to run the power wiring along your drivers side. I did for safety purposes as the fuel tank inlet sits on your passenger side (for me fortunately it's the other way round). Through the middle is not an option as sound cables (and remote for the amp) should not be near the power cables as this would, especially in stronger setups, lead to interferences and thus a not so good sounding speaker (regardless of class of speaker). To wire the sound cables through the middle you can pull out your headunit, loosen the handbrake and gearknob surround, stuff the cables behind the headunit so they fall down and simply pull them down, run them underneath the surrounds and stuff them under the carpet behind the handbrake. Undo at least one bolt of your rear bench seating to remove part of the carpet to reach the cable and pull it through. In the boot (assuming you have a 1/3 folding rearbench like me) run the sound cables through the two parts of the rear bench rears and through the opening in the bootcarpet there. The power cables can be stuffed under the side parts of the ... I think trim is the word, I hope you get what I want to say. Well, stuff them under there and let them come out only in the boot to connect to the amp. Then test it. Only if it runs correctly put the carpet back and refasten the rear bench.

This is what I did, I hope it helps you.

Thank you very much this has helped massively, Thanks again :D

Edited by EP91crazy

Well, sitting on the toilet taking a shit with a smartphone helps to get the courage to write a long and detailed text ;)

Lol, thinking of it, my best and longest answers in this forum have mostly been written that way xD

At the PC I and most other people are to busy with doing like twenty things at the same time to get the time to write long text, thus most answers are relatively short. Interesting if you think about it.

But stopping the off topic, I'm glad I could help you.

On a sidenote, the safety reasons I meant was, that if you are really unfortunate (it's unlikey but better safe than sorry as you englishmen say) sparks can happen from broken isolation on the cable and there could be a tiny chance that these could inflame (or what it's called) the fuel. In germany our insurance would look for something like that to negate insurance in case of an accident. Saving money at all costs, like everywhere. Also regarding this put a fuse at maximum 30cm cable length away from the battery, better at 20cm so in case of a shortcut you don't blow your battery or even worse put your interior in flames.

With this I say good night.

Edited by Xpect