4efe ecu to 4efte ecu

i m running 5efhe on 4efe MA series ecu.as i am building 5efhte stock with ct9, many people advised me to go for 4efte ecu.but is it interchangeable? i have checked both of these have 26 and 16 pin pattern.but i don't know if its a direct fit as i don't have the 4eft ecu now and need to buy one.so after checking every thing would be fine then i will buy.is the clip different??

Clips are the same if you go for an EP82 ECU, but EP91 ECUs have 3 plugs instead of 2.

Although the plugs are the same between EL54/EP82, some of the pins are different and there's a couple of extra ones needed for the FTE. Check a couple of wiring diagrams for the two ECUs and you'll see what I mean. I think they're both available on here somewhere :)

I've run a 5efhe on a 4efte ecu for a while as I didn't have a 5e ecu at the time of first setting it up. Ran ok but obviously over fuelled with the 4e injectors. Eventually swapped out for 5efhe ecu and injectors.

There is minor changes, mainly the idle up solenoid pin is used as the acis solenoid on the 5e ecu.

I would suggest quickly popping the cover off both ecu's and double checking the pin id's are the same (shouldn't take more than 10mins). I've wired ALOT of 4e's/5e's and have come across the occasional late model EP82 loom that has the same plug config but slightly different loom configuration so it'll pay to check