Any plumbers / Boiler engineers?

It's a gas combi, Ariston (I'll get the model number tomorrow) my stepdads a plumber but he's gone to The Gambia to do some charity work til April. But basically, we get hot water for around 15 seconds and then it goes cold until you turn the tap off for a few minutes and then we get another 15 seconds...

These are the notes he left me;

"after finding electrical fault maybe needs someone with more diagnostic abilities rather than mechanical ones like me or jim . so far secondary heat exchanger has been renewed & there is cleaner in heating system in order to resolve the origional blockage fault as aristons technical dept advised - then fault code 99 came up - electrical ??"

Apparently the code 99 is a generic code that could be a list of things, and Ariston want 250 big ones to come out and diagnose the issue :/

maybe it could be an electrical fault man .. have you a leak in the system or anything do you know or a blocked flu

to be honest i dont do much gas its not a major thing over here .. in ireland its more oil but my uncle in london uses gas .. when im in work on monday ill ask one of the lads who is regestered to install gas what it could be and ill fill you in mate

sorry i cant be much help but ill find out what i can