Hello all

I've been driving my Glanza for about 2 weeks now, one thing i've noticed is that when going into second gear especially from first to second its fairly crunchy. All the other gears are fine. I find it a bit inconvenient and have not come across this problem in any cars i've had before. I've heard this is quite a common problem on Glanza's as others have also had the same problem. The only way i find its a bit better is by changing the gear fairly slowly.

What is the best solution for overcoming this problem. I've been told that changing the gearbox oil may improve the situation and temporarily. Is there any specific gearbox oil i use. I thought this would have been done as when i purchased the car it had a full service in Japan before being sent here.

Will it get any worse if i dont do anything about it i.e. gearbox fully break down and replacement required.

Let me know what you think?

Many thanks

Its a common problem...its the synchro that is dodgy but although its cheap to replace it requires a full strip down of the gear box!!!

Just change the oiland see how it goes but its nothing really major to worry about :)

got this prob to, it's not reall ybad but from first to second isn't as smooth as all the other gears.

usually no prob but mindless quickshifting is a no no like this .. :)

yer me to am saving up for a diff thow