Front wipers have broken

Turned the car on this morning to warm her up while I scraped the windows. As soon as I turned the key the wipers tried to move as I'd obviously not turned them off from last time I used them. I jumped out the car and broke the ice so they could move and turned them off.

Tried using them later and they moved an inch or 2 from their rest position but then they stop moving and all you can hear is a faint buzzing. Any ideas? Have the motors fried or has something else!

Cheers Nick

Edited by Nick85

Yep it may be a coincidence that the motor went when the wipers where iced up and it burnt out.

But this should not happen if the correct size fuse is in, have you checked what size fuse is in for the wiper motor and if it's bust?

What size fuse should be in mate? And which one is it lol.

The motor is working if you lift the wipers off the screen bit is waking a buzzing noise. If you put the wipers back down they won't move and it buzz's.

Guessing the motor is basically dead. Any ideas where to get a new one from? Rang Toyota and their price is £205 all in without fitting.

Just get a motor from someone whos breaking a starlet on here. Go into breakers section im pretty sure theres someone wholl sell one. I once had a problem similar to yours and my wipers were randomly comming on. And then it just stayed on all the time. And started to blow fuses. It ended up being tge fuse box. My mechanic moved the fuse box and it returned to normal. We opened it up and it was fine after that. Open the fuse box in the engine bay. It will tell you what fuse it is and what amp it needs to be. I think the wiper ones are in the car just under the steering wheel. Also says what amp it is.