I am looking for you some advise on engine cooling, the only thing is we have a Classic Mini with a Starlet 4e-fte engine fitted.

The radiator is mounted in the boot with the boot floor cut out to make a scoop. We are running the pipes under the car up to the engine. The radiator is a standard mini front mounted type. The core size is approx 350mm X 220mm. After doing some research into radiator types, it looks like the standard Starlet size rad is approx 600mm X 300mm and a half size is approx 350mm X 350mm.

The set up has a 10" fan mounted on the rear of the radiator which is switched via the standard fan switch. These come on at about 91 degrees.

I have tried to upload a photo. But it does not load. Any ideas on how to upload?

Edited by g4snapes

With the boot/rear mounted radiators that I've been involved with we've found you really need to maximise the feed and exit air ducting to make the most out of them. A nice thick core is best. Are you running ali pipes back to the radiator? Are you running an electric water pump like a Davies Craig etc?

Hi, Thanks for the reply's.

Forgot to mention when i went to install the new low opening thermostat I found there to be no thermostat installed!!

There is a flow and return pipe to the radiator with a extra water pump to help the existing engine water pump.

The main concern is space available in the small boot.

A picture of the current cooling system.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s240/sh/9bc11355-1d23-4050-922c-840853202ef7/d3f318424b1e39265e10cb05da4a136f

As you can see space is the biggest issue here.