Mk4 Supra, anyone had/been in one?

I'm looking at buying a mk4 supra but a manual n/a version. I know it won't be that fast but it will be my daily driver. I've just always wanted a supra. My dad has an n/a R33 skyline I've driven a few times and it's lovely to drive. Does anyone have experience of what supras are like to live with?

I had an auto aero top N/a. I used to drive it daily for about 18months before I sold it to buy a Glanza. The supra is an awesome car to drive in my opinion and I'll get TT supra one day. The cockpit is great how it's all driver focused and the seating position is just like a go-kart. Boot space is pretty shocking though. You'll be looking at about £3000 for a decent manual N/a. Over all their a good solid car and if looked after will go on and on. However when they go wrong they usually cost a fortune to repair. Running an old 3.0l engine isn't cheap either I was seeing about 15mpg on a regular basis and the tank can take just shy £100 to fill from empty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used to have the TT slightly modified to 460 bhp. Great cars very reliable if your going for the auto the box is rated to upto 550-600 bhp. Only problem is as mentioned above idiots wanting to race you all the time & visibility. They are not too bad on petrol either it as much better than my CLK 320 on fuel. Oh and the brakes if standard are rubbish.

Thanks for the advice guys. I definitely want an n/a manual. Visibility isn't something I thought about. I think the manual cars should give better mpg so hopefully can get around 25mpg ish on a normal work run which is fine. Better get looking for one!

I used to have the TT slightly modified to 460 bhp. Great cars very reliable if your going for the auto the box is rated to upto 550-600 bhp. Only problem is as mentioned above idiots wanting to race you all the time & visibility. They are not too bad on petrol either it as much better than my CLK 320 on fuel. Oh and the brakes if standard are rubbish.

Auto boxes are good for upto 1000bhp mate!