very poor braking

Hi guys i just wanted to clear something up.

my brakes have never been very good even after changing pads from redstuff to yellow stuff. ive had my fluid bled and changed but when trying to slow quickly at higher speeds it just doesnt feel upto scratch.

So whats it more likely to be?

(1) brake lines expanding.not being efficient under pressure

(2) the disks/pads are just rubbish and i should replace them?

im considering getting grooved disks and red pads and/or HEL braided lines from camskill.

thanks gents!

Is that from 100% cold brakes?

Might be the ABS kicking in if you're REALLY hitting them hard.

If the pedal feels soft then it's probably a fluid/lines issue. If it's a hard pedal but no brakes then the pads/calipers might be the issue. If it's vibration then look at the discs....

If you ARE thinking of upgrading, have you seen our WMS 110% heavy-duty disc and Ferodo DS2500 combo? :)

thanks for the reply!

i dont have ABS so its not that, the brakes are not cold but not fast use hot either, the pedal does feel as though it has some travel before any major braking begins..

i have looked at your page now and im interested in the disks but the pads are a bit pricey.. i dont use the car for track just fast road use so would the not drilled etc be ok for that?

thanks

Yup, plain 110% discs would be fine - you still get the extra mass/stiffness. In terms of pads, people rave about DS2500 vs EBC options, beyond pads there are the bigger upgrades. :D

As for a soft pedal, check you've got free pistons / sliders etc, that you don't have dot 5.0 fluid for any reason (you want 4.0 or 5.1), and as you said you might have tired brake lines.