So I had my competition 6puk fitted on Saturday, done 240km's on it so far.

I was just on a dual carriage way, boosted in 4th, and 5th full boost. My boost gauge showed 0.7bar DEAD. Didn't move.

I then got to a roundabout leading onto another dual, boosted away in 3rd and it was 0.8bar and on the verge of fuel cut, as it wasn't holding girl it was all over 0.75-0.85bar.. I could hear it was bogging and didn't sound right.(The fuel cut noise I heard a lot on the ct9)

My question is, is that a wastegate issue? It's an eBay special which is a fair while old as I got it off Jamie cheap to get me by.

Or is it something else potentially?

Edited by Zeldoz

It's very hard to say without hearing how it behaves What's the wastegate spring pressure and are you using anything else to regulate the boost I.e. mcb or ebc.

Are you getting eml?

Does it sound similar to a scooby when it starts missbehaving... basically any signs of a missfire?

The only thing regulating it is the spring pressure. I HAVE a MBC but it's not fitted.

I understand it may help, however that fact it holds fine in 4th and 5th at higher speeds is what's throwing me!?

It doesn't sound misfiring, it's like a long 'BLUUURRP' along with he exhaust. It's the noise I used to hit right before fuel cut went properly..

No EML light.

Also. If I carefully apply the right throttle I can hold it at 0.5bar myself and it goes fine.

I still have an OEM fuel pump.

I've still got a TD pump to fit. But that won't aid the pressure all over the place...

Edited by Zeldoz