Forged build tips?

Right then everyone I have rebuilt an engine before myself with a bit of help from a mate well actually rebuilt it twice but anyway.

I used to have a glanza and regret selling it. Anyway been and got hold of a rolling shell and an engine and I'm gonna take my time over it and build a forged engine and few other goodies etc I'll start a progress thread once some proper movement on the project takes place.

In the mean time has anyone got any tips or advice for the build that you'd like to share with me ?

I built my own forged motor, but by the time you spend all the money on parts and machine work etc it was coming in the same price as what you could buy one from the likes of such as Tuningdevelopments ready built and these had the added bonus of coming with 12months warrenty for failure.

Just food for thought as the savings are not as great as you would expect on the self buld :p

I did do a diary building mine too if you need help, its

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/58187-how-to-build-a-forged-5efte-engine-step-by-step-guide/?hl=%2Btaggys+%2B5e+%2Bguide

Measure everything, and don't use a ruler either use the proper measurement equipment like telescopic gauges, bore gauges, micrometers etc. You can easily spend £1000 alone just on measuring equipment so you have to justify if its worth building the motor yourself or getting someone else to do it.

Boils down to the spec you want and how much knowledge you have.