Headunit query

Hello all

Im wanting to change the cassette headunit in the Glanza to a CD one, however i've been told in order to do this i'll need some additional plug(s).

Is this true, where can i get these plugs from as Halford havn't got a clue and they said you can't just put another headunit in there.

It seems like the one in the Glanza has already been changed as it is a Pioneer cassette headunit. (I don't know what the standard stereo looks like)

Any views very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hello all

Im wanting to change the cassette headunit in the Glanza to a CD one, however i've been told in order to do this i'll need some additional plug(s).

Is this true, where can i get these plugs from as Halford havn't got a clue and they said you can't just put another headunit in there.

It seems like the one in the Glanza has already been changed as it is a Pioneer cassette headunit. (I don't know what the standard stereo looks like)

Any views very much appreciated.

Many thanks

i you may need a new plug that just plugs in to what you have you need to rip out your coronet one then have a look!

and it depends on what aftermarket CD player you get too as thy all gave different plugs

tintin

Howdy!!

It seems to me that the halfords your going to, they don't really have clue what they are doing as every query you have had with them, they just send you away. I think you should choose a different halfords.

Anyway like people have said it should be a pretty simple swap with the need of an iso adapter being all that is needed. You can actually pick it up from 95% of halford stores but you can get them off ebay if you want aswell. But if you already have a pioneer cassette player then i don't thing you need anything but a new cd player to be honest. Take some pictures of behind the head unit and put them up and i could tell you straight away.

Ps. which halfords is it because im gonna make sure i never go in it.lol

Bourkey

The majority of Halfords workers don't have the slightest clue what the fcuk they're talking about!

Like Bourkey said, ISO adaptor.

Cheap from ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Space-Cruiser...1QQcmdZViewItem

Your car might already have one in though because its got a Pioneer headunit, take it out and have a check before you buy :blink:

Howdy!!

It seems to me that the halfords your going to, they don't really have clue what they are doing as every query you have had with them, they just send you away. I think you should choose a different halfords.

Anyway like people have said it should be a pretty simple swap with the need of an iso adapter being all that is needed. You can actually pick it up from 95% of halford stores but you can get them off ebay if you want aswell. But if you already have a pioneer cassette player then i don't thing you need anything but a new cd player to be honest. Take some pictures of behind the head unit and put them up and i could tell you straight away.

Ps. which halfords is it because im gonna make sure i never go in it.lol

Bourkey

Thanks for the info

Its the one in Bradford near Forster Sqaure, thats if you know it. I wouldn't normally go there its just i need go get a cd player and they have fairly decent Kenwood one in for £59.99

The majority of Halfords workers don't have the slightest clue what the fcuk they're talking about!

Hit the nail on the head there. lol

There is only one halfords i go to and its near my work. A mate works there fitting headunits from CD one's to full DVD sat nav jobbys. He is also a japanese car nut so he knows what i want.

@ ady2k5 - I wouldn't go there anymore. But that link Idrees has put up is the thing you will need if you havn't already got one.

Thanks for the info

Its the one in Bradford near Forster Sqaure, thats if you know it. I wouldn't normally go there its just i need go get a cd player and they have fairly decent Kenwood one in for £59.99

Dont even bother for 59.99 mate

You could get so much better if you look on internet that in halfrauds etc

Simply get the model number for the headunit you like and check ebay or audio sites and it will be much cheaper or you may even get the model up at the same price.

Also guys he may not have the lead if the old headunit was hard wired. Therefore the plugs may not even be there for an adaptor so will need to hard wired once again or pay someone to put a plug back on :blink: