recently passed my test and have started driving my toyota starlet gt turbo witch is mostly stock apart from a hks blow off valve, japspeed cat back exhaust and a induction kit . The other day i booted it coming off a round about and towards high rpm there was a really noticeable jolt i then realised my car was spooling up to about 9/10 psi not the standard 0.65 bar . I've read on different places that the ct9 can take up to 10 psi but is this true ?also is this safe when the car doesnt have mods like a front mount int . I really dont know much and im not some mad boy racer, i just like starlets and dont want to break it . I just wondered if anyone knows what that jolt could be and if this is safe for the engine & turbo and if not how to remidy it :)

I reckon with the air abit colder and denser you slightly hit fuel cut, just your ecu pulling back..you can get abit boost spike with the cold like my actuator has a 1bar spring but if I boot it in the cold it shows my gauge boosting just over..I don't think you have to worry :)