Head Gasket Thickness

Have mentioned this before due to the valve stem seals need changing I'm of course doing all the gaskets as you do and Cambelt/water pump and so on, My question is with the head gasket running around 200bhp @ 0.7 bar now my new turbos back and ready to go on plus have an hks actuator aswell to put on will probably put it to 0.8 bar running around 210bhp maybe? Was just wondering will a normal 4efte head gasket cope with it? Heard they can handle up too 1.2 bar on a td04 I'm never gonna be running no more then 1bar on mine anyway and only have a ct9 don't wanna spend unnesserary money if I don't need to as won't be going down the more power route on my starlet anyway, anyone have any advice please on this.

Thanks Pat

Thankyou for the reply guys yes I will be sticking to this and if and I say IF I went bigger turbo etc I would know to change the head gasket but thankyou for saying now can just get a normal one

Pat

I thought you had to go thicker for more boost Adam? Now this is getting confusing

I only know of one person who ran a similar HG on a 4E-FTE (TRD 0.6mm) and it didn't last more than a few weeks and that was at less than 1 bar.

I'm not sure how much the cylinder head had been skimmed.

I would personally go for an OEM or 1.2mm Athena.

Azz mate I got a print out here running 0.7bar @ 195.7 Bhp had it done last month but maybe you could enlighten me on more thanks mate

Is it just a stock ct9 ? Just seems rather high as a td04 only just makes that

Yes Azz just stock ct9 got mods on too like uprated walbro pump sard fpr fmic things like that I thought a td04 was good for 240bhp around that area

Td04 will do 240@1.2bar ish

200-220@1.0bar

Just makes me think you might be running a ct9 hybrid

Only Liam_D can answer this Azz as I sent two turbos off to him the first one I sent is the one which went on the dyno making 195.7 Bhp but soon after it was shagged was a 2nd hand one anyway from dodgy bloke on eBay telling me the same story no smoke or play

I thought you had to go thicker for more boost Adam? Now this is getting confusing

Not necessarily.

Thicker headgasket will lower the compression ratio, making the car less lively off boost, and will make less power. Imo the stock compression of the 4E engine is far too low as it is, some of the Evo guys are running 9:1 + ratio's and doing 35psi + of boost. It all depends on cylinder head and piston crown shape though.