Knock sensor fault eml - symptoms

having a right old time trying to fix a code 52 fault, which is supposed to be knock sensor failure or open circuit. Has anyone had this fault code and what did their car run like?

The car runs ok, but it seems to be massively over fueling, put your foot down ans it fuels straight to 10 on the AFR and goes off the scale.The car is also mis firing and underpowered on full chat.

Is this normal when it pull a error code 52 on the eml? i am figuring the ecu is fucking up my map!

Doing my head in as i have change knock sensor and its still doing it, argh

Edited by Taggy

I have run in a new section of cable (insulated) and also tested another knock sensor and i still get the error. Once the car gets to about 3-4000rpm the eml light comes on irespective if the knock sensor is plugged in or not.

Gonna get the multimeter out again tonight and test the continuity again to the plug, failing that all i have left to change is the ECU.

Is the knock a standard oem Toyota knock sensor?

I'm not 100% mate but check all fuses under the engine bay I had this problem with knock sensor / open circuit changed the sensor and still had it checked all fuses and one had gone changed it and all was good worth a try

• 3 weeks later...