Mikes 98 spec glanza....281HP TD04L forge build....European road trip completed

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id price new syncros if i were you and change them while you have them out. they might look ok but could be worn. changed my 5th gear and the syncro looked fine, swapped it out and what a difference

It's worth a shout to be honest, dependant on price and how long they take to get here. The gearbox was very smooth though

Think i prices up the syncros between £20-£30

If u get stuck with any bits I've got alsorted box of gearsets here. And a casing..

Cheers mate, I have two good condition donor boxes but both have broken casing so not short on bits :)

Fitted an adjustable fpr today, set it just under 3 bar and getting good afrs, haven't been able to really out the boot in until now.Feels great at 0.7 bar....can't wait to get if mapped to 1.4-1.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really much to update. Had to postpone mapping till the 5th of April due to work commitments. Gives me a bit of time to sort my dodgy wheel bearing and a few oil leaks..mainly sump and rocker cover. But other than that the miles are going on, up to 1700 miles. Just can't wait to get the thing mapped!

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, all the oil leaks have been fixed, resealed the sump and gave it a good clean out. Also sorted the rocker cover leaks and done the two front wheel bearings. So all is good and ready for mapping on Tuesday. Debating also wether to drive the car to southern Spain in a couple of months!

Okay well, the car made 240 @1.4 bar, the mapper said the the actuator is weak, also there is a noise coming from the top end so they had to hold back. apparently it sounds like det but it's not. Happens past 5500rpm. Going to strip the head ASAP..: in the meantime any ideas?