Last night I finally got my ep82 back on the road from gearbox problems was sitting tthere for 3 months took it out after 3/4 hours of driving I came on boost then felt like a fuel cut but a mate of mine was behind me and said it shot a flame

Then the overheat and knock sensor came on and smoke pouring out of the bonnet the wires lleading to injectors were fried

Any ideas on why this happened would be awsome cheers

take the rocker cover off and smell in there. there should be obvious damage like chipped cams but the smell will give it away.

Also check oil level.

If it wasnt the engine that caused the wiring to melt which would have caused the overfueling/flame and bang then you have an electricl fault. Maybe someone replaced a fuse with a higher rated one?

Im clutching a straws but if you take the rocker off and you cant stand the smell the head is fried.

Ta few years ago this happened to me and the smell was so bad when i opened the fuel cap i nearly threw up..

The reason it happened was i had swapped an fe sump onto an fte engine for reasons i cant be bothered explaining and did not know there was a difference in pickups. didnt have enough oil pressure to reach the head.