Cambelt Check

Hello all.

I am wanting to check the cambelt on my Glanza but i have a few queries:-

I've been told there are 5 x 10mm bolts i need to remove in order to look at the cambelt, however i can only see 2 at the top left and right hand areas of the cambelt cover, where are the others located, diagrams to show would be very much appreciated. How can i get to any awkward bolts and is this something i can do myself?

Once i remove the cover, what are the signs i'm looking out for that would be me an idea of how worn the cambelt is and whether or not it will need replacing fairly soon. Will touching the cambelt give me any signs of how worn it is and what sort of a texture im i looking for if it can be done this way.

I've never checked a cambelt before as my first and previous car was a Ford and it had a chain instead.

Any earlier information would be very much appreciated as i would like to have this checked out this weekend.

Many thanks :)

Hello all.

I am wanting to check the cambelt on my Glanza but i have a few queries:-

I've been told there are 5 x 10mm bolts i need to remove in order to look at the cambelt, however i can only see 2 at the top left and right hand areas of the cambelt cover, where are the others located, diagrams to show would be very much appreciated. How can i get to any awkward bolts and is this something i can do myself?

Once i remove the cover, what are the signs i'm looking out for that would be me an idea of how worn the cambelt is and whether or not it will need replacing fairly soon. Will touching the cambelt give me any signs of how worn it is and what sort of a texture im i looking for if it can be done this way.

I've never checked a cambelt before as my first and previous car was a Ford and it had a chain instead.

Any earlier information would be very much appreciated as i would like to have this checked out this weekend.

Many thanks

Hi mate ive just bought a glanza and the first thing i did was change the cambelt, if your in any doubt get it changed because if it snaps it will destroy the top end of your engine. Also theres no point in checkin it because you cant really tell the age of it by looking.

I got mine done for £180. Cheaper than a rebuild.