D2 coilovers rubbing arches

MY D2's are rubbing when i go round a corner really fast or hit a medium sized bump in the road. My mechanic says there up as high as they will go. I have 15" slipstreams and the profile of my eagle F1's are 50.

I have stiffened the springs using the allen key tool but still it grinds.

Also when going down the bypass its quite bumpy at some sections. Is this normal at high speeds such as 70/80mph?

How do i stop this bloody rubbing?

Mine does this when hitting a round about at speed and turning..the outside front wheel rubs.

But it because mine is so low, but you say yours are as high as they will go :lol:

Got wide fenders now...hopefully that will cure the problem :o

Mine does this when hitting a round about at speed and turning..the outside front wheel rubs.

But it because mine is so low, but you say yours are as high as they will go :lol:

Got wide fenders now...hopefully that will cure the problem :o

Tomorrow i will take pics of my car showing the front of the car and we can decide if they are as low high as they can go...

I tried to counter this problem by making my preload harder/shorter, this makes the spring's coils closer together so it has less room to bounce with (this also makes the car a slightly harder ride, but it stops the whole boaty feeling, I had mine changed by 7mm so far, perhaps i'll experiment with it some more later). This has decreased body roll and increased handling and my car is still low, need to raise it because speed humps and stuff are scratching the bottom of my car :lol:

I recon its to do with the shocks, because shelly's D2s are the older versions and they seem to be hard enough to not bounce so much, i have the 2nd generation, where the colour of the products are a bit darker, more to the purplely side rather than the pink.

Hope that helps you a bit mate.

I have 17inch winter rims on at the moment and they don't rub that much, And I still have plenty room to raise mine up a bit more.

Are you sure there raised up to the highest?

You could if that all fails, flare the arches. Give you a bit more room... :ph34r:

:ph34r:

mine is sitting a bit lower than yours and i have the same size profile tyres as you, can you see or feel where it is rubbing? mine did have slight rubbing on the plastic inner arche bit which i had to file down on one side.

It is on the drivers side i beleive because i hard it tonight. What did yours sound like when it rubbed on the inner plastic of the arch? Was it like a squeal noise?

mine was on driver side yes, it sounds like the tyre rubbing on the arche sound, i can't figure out what urs is doing....... hmmm... mine didnt squeal, sure u havent got an animal hanging underneath :ph34r: joke.
Its like a screech noise, like a nail on a chalkboard? Dang i cant describe noises very well. LOL

The only reason why MY arches sometimes scrape is because the n/a version's arch sticks in, theres like a cover or somthing that just makes it into the wheel's area. I've looked on shelly's glanza and another friend's GT and they dont seem to have this.

Yours is a GT, so it shoudnt be that archbit i'm thinking of... Good luck finding the problem mate.

T

Thats the PCD mate.

Where did u get them from as you should have asked for them in starlet fitment if possbile unless yours already are then it will be another problem.

Mine are 38 and are spot on.

Check this Offset

Its the number after the PCD e.g PCD 4 x 100 / 38 ET

38 ET means the offset. If you're still stuck then google it mate.

Joz