Window tinting

I wont be able to do this any time until after christmas :D

but im interested

Anyone know anywhere that will tint windows professionally but is a bit more affordable as oppose to paying loads?

A mate of mine got his back 3 windows done for 150

When i found out where the place he got it done was i talked to my dad about it n it turns out the dude that did it is like a part time pub owner/mechanic :D

Also my dad (RAC patrol man) said about hes been out to loads of people that have taken their cars to this guy and hes screwed them up.

Was just interested if anyone new neware bit cheaper like this but wont ruin my car in like maidstone medway area or sumwhere not to far away?

Im sure theres another 2 maidstoners wouldnt mind in if we could...

Mite have a lil ask about in garages for prices etc when get on xmas break + see if we could get even a lil discount :D

Let us know how you get on :D

I payed 180 for my rear screen and the rear sides to be tinted limo black.

Guardian Tints came round and did it for me.

Allthough the rear screen on mine has been smashed, so if you lads can wait for a bit, we could arrange to ge them done together :D

Ive just had mine done today!! got a dark smoke on the rear 3 windows, and a lighter smoke on the 2 door windows. £130 from the bloke i saw. he did it in about an hour and a half. looks top job, and defo looks good on my white car and gunmetal wheels!!

out of interest its called UK TINTZ based in nottingham, give me a shout and i will give you his number, if ya mention my car he will do ya the same price, which is cheaper than he usualy does it for!!

hate to state the obvious but I tinted my own windows...piece of piss...tinted my car, several friends cars (charged 'em though! lol)

If you get the tint you want and tell me what you want tinting, I'm sure we could work something out. The rear 1/4s are piss easy to do, the rear screen is slightly more tricky I just removed the bootlid and tinted the fecker in the bath.

Mikey mate, you get the tint and we'll talk :D

As I said before, the rear 1/4s are simple to do (especially on the 82 where you can just remove the glass and tint off the car. The rear screen is harder to do as you need to cut it in 2 or 3 sections to match the gay curvature of the glass. If I had a very clean environment to do it in, we'd be laughing...sadly round our house we have 8,000,000 pets (the wife is a vet) so hair gets frickin everywhere...I coughed up a furball last week, I shit you not :D

Ive just had mine done today!! got a dark smoke on the rear 3 windows, and a lighter smoke on the 2 door windows. £130 from the bloke i saw. he did it in about an hour and a half. looks top job, and defo looks good on my white car and gunmetal wheels!!

out of interest its called UK TINTZ based in nottingham, give me a shout and i will give you his number, if ya mention my car he will do ya the same price, which is cheaper than he usualy does it for!!

U got that done dirt cheap!

That what i want done i think altho Notts is a bit of a mish 2 drive for sum tints :D

hate to state the obvious but I tinted my own windows...piece of piss...tinted my car, several friends cars (charged 'em though! lol)

If you get the tint you want and tell me what you want tinting, I'm sure we could work something out. The rear 1/4s are piss easy to do, the rear screen is slightly more tricky I just removed the bootlid and tinted the fecker in the bath.

This offer sounds a bit good mite hav 2 take u up on it possibly :D

Any idea how much the tint actually is to buy and where to get good stuff etc?

I just buy tint off Ebay..forget the seller now but it's not expensive.

I'm very happy to tint your rear 1/4s and even front windows...not so keen on the rear screen though as it's really easy to get contaminents in there while you're doing it.

Why not try it yourself? it's the only way to learn these things :D

Im assuming youre cutting the rear screen tint into 2 or 3 pieces to get it to mould to screen contours? and using a heat gun to make them more pliable?

I personally would rather get a pro to do it, as diy jobs allways look absolute w@nk.

theres a technique to tinting, and with all things, if you dont do it day in, day out.. you dont have the skill to make the job look quality.

Just my 2pence bud, not saying youre works shabby, id just rather get a pro to come round and do them, and also the tint film you buy off fleabay is uber thin.

Its useless, and it stains from the uv rays.

Hence why the pros use heatguns, because they use alot thicker tinting films.

Im assuming youre cutting the rear screen tint into 2 or 3 pieces to get it to mould to screen contours? and using a heat gun to make them more pliable?

I personally would rather get a pro to do it, as diy jobs allways look absolute w@nk.

theres a technique to tinting, and with all things, if you dont do it day in, day out.. you dont have the skill to make the job look quality.

Just my 2pence bud, not saying youre works shabby, id just rather get a pro to come round and do them, and also the tint film you buy off fleabay is uber thin.

Its useless, and it stains from the uv rays.

Hence why the pros use heatguns, because they use alot thicker tinting films.

I tinted my 2 back side ones like that but due to dog hairs getting everywhere even in my freshly cleaned car... the tints has lil wiggly lines in them where the dog hairs got on it

N when i tryed doin the back screen in strips it was just a complete disaster :)

Think id rather get a pro 2 do it whos done it a million times before and has a good idea of how to get perfect end results than me bodge it up again I've like already spend 40 on tints and only 15s worth is actually on my car :(

But wana rip that off closer to the time

Then think im gna stick with u on this 1 and go pro when i got the money :(

Hehe,

I did cut the rear screen tint into 3, following the lines of the heat bars...and I did use a heatgun, it's impossible otherwise...trust me :(

To be fair, it's worth the money to get it done right, and as Glanza Ragger said, it's not my job tinting :) but I don't mind helping people out if it saves em a few quid (tinting by a pro is a rip off imo)

I did cut the rear screen tint into 3, following the lines of the heat bars...and I did use a heatgun, it's impossible otherwise...trust me :p

tinting by a pro is a rip off

Thats a wel good idea :)

I never thought of doing that i just read in the instructions about doing it down the window :(

and gota agree with that 2 :(

The rear screen is harder to do as you need to cut it in 2 or 3 sections to match the gay curvature of the glass.

when i watched the bloke @ uk tintz, he used a heat gun, and it shrunk the film to the windscreen size, it was put on in a single peice!!

would have done it myself like i normaly do, but i realy cudnt be arsed as i cud just see me shagin it all up and gettin so angry i wud rip them all off and throw a tantrum!!

• 2 weeks later...