braided brake lines

if the 4pc works then ill be ordering it tomorrow, my front passenger one has been rubbing bad on my wheel some how and needs changing so may as well upgrade to braided :) cheers Amjad

Have a look at where your lines are held onto the shock absorber, my car was rubbing it's hose too at one point.

May be wise to double check if it's the specific kit you're looking at that replaces all 6 lines. I'm not sure if it's a specific brand that sells it or whether they all do the job. No worries!

I have D2 coilovers and you have to fit the brake line bracket yourself and I must not have done it good enough on passenger side for it to rub :( but oh well shit happens lol easy fix really, ive just messaged id-workz as well to see what I need hopefully its the 4pc as its a bit cheaper

• 2 weeks later...

Easy enough. Don't do the fitting up murder tight. You will have to bleed the whole brake system. Use dot 5.1 fluid. Pressurise the brake system after bleeding and check for leaks

Edited by turbo Grant

Squirt wd40 or the like on the fittings before undoing them. Cars are getting on a bit now and the fittings can rust on the steel hard lines. Make sure it's not twisting the hard line round as you undo the union. If it does work it back and forwards. That's the only real problem you might come across

cheers man I'm always well stocked up on WD40 due to always owning old cars lol the joys haha going go get some brake fluid now and have a go at doing them even if I just do the fronts I'll be happy just found a thread on how to do it as well so can read as I go :)