Gutting a glanza !!

Hi guys I would like to know firstly how much weight is saved by gutting the glanza apart from the dashboard.

Secondly has anyone got any pictures of one gutted?

Also what material could I use to make a lightweight door card. To stop me cutting myself on the inside sharp edges

Quick pic of mine don't get me wrong it's nice to have seats but I never used them so they belong to the attic now! It's noisy but you get used to it, it depends what your building your car for, the 96/97 seats weigh naff all compared to the 98/99's I found. You can unbalance the rear but coilovers and a full tank of petrol should compensate for that, these cars beat bigger things due to their weight it just makes sense to make them even lighter but it's each to their own.

20140310_145140_zpsh0awl6si.jpg

B01FDE14-73E7-49CE-B423-35CFF6D9523C.jpg003D2923-4866-4295-8D9D-99C9AEEBDE2E.jpg

Spare wheel was just in preparation for japfest, didn't end up taking it anyway

I said I wouldn't take the dash out......haha, if your after saving weight then I would defiantly recommend taking the heater matrix out! That was huge! And for the door cards just use carbon sheets and make your own.

Edited by Bussey

thanks for the photos and info guys they both look the bollox, i have noticed that you both kept the front door cards in is this for any particular reason or just personal preference ?

Gainzy, how hard was the roll cage to fit and how much was it ?

Bussey, how hard was the heater matrix to remove ?

i have already removed the rear seats carpet, spare wheel and floor mat however i still need to remove the arch mouldings whack make it look 100 times better from both your pictures.

thanks for the photos and info guys they both look the bollox, i have noticed that you both kept the front door cards in is this for any particular reason or just personal preference ?

Gainzy, how hard was the roll cage to fit and how much was it ?

Bussey, how hard was the heater matrix to remove ?

i have already removed the rear seats carpet, spare wheel and floor mat however i still need to remove the arch mouldings whack make it look 100 times better from both your pictures.

My door cards are both out, I only have the plastic top halfs in, and an armrest, but that's only a temporary measure till I get poly windows, then I don't need the switches.

And not gonna lie, it was a ball ache!

Bussey you make mine look comfortable lol

Hahaha it is getting a bit raw now

Door cards don't bother me I like a nice basic looking cockpit I have a c pillar bar in now and keeping the rear doorcards in to tone the noise I have saved loads of other weight fibreglass bonnet and 14" wheels 4kg each. It's only a 4 point cage saved abit weight on not going for a 6 and it keeps the rear more weight balanced think it was £350 then £60 powdercoated it's a Cusco one and it I ever need back seats I can stick them back in, it was easy! Decent drill I built it up inside tightened it all up and drilled the wholes :) I have the stock ps seat to go back in, on the 98/99's they have a clip under the seat which is the air bag connector even though they have to be checked every 10 years I still want it connected, I love it stripped it's a nice thrill.

20140310_145150_zpsowejnmql.jpg

Edited by Gainzy

My door cards are both out, I only have the plastic top halfs in, and an armrest, but that's only a temporary measure till I get poly windows, then I don't need the switches.

And not gonna lie, it was a ball ache!

Hahaha it is getting a bit raw now

I bet it is but it's hardcore what's it like ona first date? Hahaha

It's not my daily man haha, I'd have to be mad!

And yeah it's not to bad, most blokes love it

Hahaha it's a great way to save petrol so many more pro's than cons having no interior mines sort of a daily but not at the minute.

gainzy where did you get the cage from ?im interested in acquiring a 4 point like that

For sale section, it looks better in real life, I guess it's quite rare just keep some cash aside they come up now and then different shapes.