Exhausts UK Sheffield. Any good?

Hi all,

Right im planning to get a custom exhaust done as the price i've been quoted from Exhausts UK is a lot cheaper than the direct fit i wanted. I've heard too many bad stories about powerflow and other similar companies but not much from Exhausts UK. I've read on a few forums they they aren't bad but can anyone tell me anymore?

I would want it to be perfect and i dont care if i annoy them with my OCD ways. :)

Thanks in advance

Bourkey

powerflow seam to be a bit hit and miss.

had one done down here on my 106 and they didnt do a very good job was blowing where they joined it.

my paseo came with a powerflow system on it wich was done up country and its been done very well.

i had one done on my sr a couple of years ago. had a right ball ache mate with the exhaust going over back axle. had to take it back about 5 times and give up in end. it was banging when i went over bumps. i spent loads there on that exhaust over 500 quid having it decat and that and it used to blow and id take it back and then i decided to have cat put back in and it used to rattle after then.

they never refused to not do anything about it but would have me sat there for a couple of hours. i would just buy myself a direct fit blitz nur r spec mate for the bit of extra £.

but thats just my experience my mate had an exhaust fitted to his focus and its still going strong after about 3 years.

so i think it depends on how often they work on the car and how well they know em.

buy a blitz ya know they look mint lol.

As much as i would love to fork out on a direct fit system, im trying to save as much as i can now as i've got a few little bits to buy but they all cost a bomb each.

The plus of getting a custom jobbie is that i can get exactly what i want. And like Sparky said if it's got a lifetime warranty then i can take it back to get it fixed if there is something wrong. But there wont be as im gonna be stood there annoying them so they get it right.

Any more comments please add because i'd like as much info as possible.

Thanks

Bourkey

i had a bolt in bolt out decat back, with an angled exit 4" jap style box. good service, dog shit quality. it rusted within a month, its gone a goldy colour when i was after polished silver. it made a wet fart noise wen cat was out too!! fuck off loud though!! looked mint when first done, exactly what i was after, one of the seals leaked after about 2 months as well. i paid about 400 for it all, cobra is just a gey make i think.. herd loads a bad stuff... loads tried em on my old car site, VR6OC, same problems!

best way is to go for an off the shelf, tried and tested exhaust, may be worth spending extra to get the result you are after and more importantly, lasts as well!!

if not, just get a custom one down ya...

Thats pretty much what i want but without the decat bit. IOt's gonna be a cat back but an angled 3.5" or 4" jap style back box.

I think i might take the plunge and get one. As i can just get it fixed if they do it wrong. I'd love to get an off the shelf one but funds for this conversion are starting to get low. This will be the last thing i have to buy aswell. If i come into more money in January or February then i'll get an off the shelf one.

Does anyone know what size piping i should ask for???? Im gonna slowly try and get to 200bhp if that helps.

rob (J18RSA) had one made up at powerflow in doncaster although its not what i would have gone for had no probs its been on a good year now!! I think his is a 2" bore on an N/A i was trying to get pics but he has moved them. try pm ing him he is on about selling so might part with the exhaust cheap!!

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4523

Sorry matey but it has to be a turbo exhaust as im getting a 4EFTE put in. Im looking for a new exhaust for when i get the new engine.

I've also started hearing even more bad things about Exhausts UK now. I hate trying to find somewhere decent!!!!!!! I'll happily travel far for it to be done right!!!!!!